It’s never a good sign to find ice on the AC’s condenser coils in the middle of the summer season. The coils are part of the system that helps to cool your home by drawing heat out of the air inside. There are a few reasons why ice might form on the coils, all of which could be prevented by scheduling AC maintenance in Mississauga.
How Can you Remove the Ice from the AC System?
- When you first discover the signs of the ice freezing on the AC unit, switch off the AC system at the electrical panel.
- Now, take a sharp knife or any sharp object to break any chunks of ice on the AC system.
- When you notice no big blocks of ice left, you can put the knife away and let the rest of the ice melt away.
- Wait for the coils and all the moisture inside the AC unit to dry away, then switch on the AC system from the power plug.
Why Does the AC System Freeze in the Summers?
One of the best ways to ensure this doesn’t happen is to schedule AC maintenance in Mississauga.
Reasons Why the Temperature Falls Suddenly
- There was a low refrigerant level running in the coils.
- A dirty evaporator coil can restrict the refrigerant from flowing through the coils.
- A damaged blower fan, worn-out electrical wires, cracked refrigerant lines, or a clogged drain can be behind the ice freezing in the AC system.
- Dirty and blocked air filter or condenser coils or fins.
If you have any concerns about your unit and need an inspection or repairs, call us Martino HVAC today! We also provide replacement services and AC Installation Mississauga.